Certified Agile Leadership CAL I
As more organizations of all sizes move away from traditional delivery to Agile delivery, data has shown how difficult the transformation can be. Data has also shown that leadership can often stymie Agile adoptions and block lasting business agility. The Certified Agile Leadership (CAL I) certification class teaches leaders how to use Agile principles in their day-to-day interactions with colleagues and team members and how to become an effective change agent and guiding force. At the end of the two-day course, participants will have learned skills and models needed to lead an Agile transformation and organization-wide change. The Certified Agile Leadership certification is achieved upon successful completion of the 2-day course.
The Business Case for Agility
Understand the business trends influencing the need for business agility.
Agile Leadership Development
Learn a model for enhancing your leadership self-awareness, developing Agile leadership skills, and nurturing an Agile mindset for successful outcomes
Catalyst Leadership Conversations
Practice an engagement technique to make a positive impact without using a top-down approach and telling others what to do.
Scaling Agile across an Organization
Explore different organizational paths toward agility and how a culture-based approach has enabled them to achieve business objectives, sustain agility, and adapt to new markets.
Leading Agile Transformations
Practice a 5-step organizational approach to leading change created and run by the CEO of one of the most successful agile companies in the world – Salesforce.com (Vision, Values, Methods, Obstacles, Measures)
Agile Leadership Compass
Participants will explore a comprehensive view of Agile Leadership – first from the leader’s personal perspective in how agility impacts their thinking and behavior, then from an organizational perspective in how they can effectively align, guide and scale their organization’s agility.
The Agile Leadership Compass will provide guidance for participants both during the workshop and as an aid in their practice following the workshop.
Day 1: Personal Agile Leadership
- Learn business trends driving the need for business agility within a global context.
- Understand the Agility Maturity Model that fosters self-awareness of leadership growth and discovers more Agile thinking and behaviors.
- Explore Agile leadership mindset and behaviors of leaders at varying maturity levels to reflect on leadership traits in our own leadership and in others.
- Practice a 5-step catalyst conversation technique to positively impact every aspect of our work (and personal) life – engaging others without micromanaging them.
Day 2: Leading an Agile Organization
- Explore organizational culture and structures and how they impact organizational agility, speed, innovation, and collaboration.
- Evaluate multiple case studies of real organizations with different cultures applying various structures to drive effective and sustaining change with positive results.
- Reflect and share participant organizational strutures, policies and metrics in comparison to these case studies and other participant models.
- Practice a 5-step organizational change approach (V2MOM) to guide effective and sustained agility.
- 2 days of high quality instruction from Pete Behrens, the trainer and coach who developed the CAL Program for the Scrum Alliance in 2016.
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- The CAL-1 certification is achieved upon successful completion of the 2-day course
This class is for leaders who believe their organizations need agility to meet their business objectives and who have committed to making the transformation successful. It is for leaders who need skills and tools that will help their organizations—from startups who want to disrupt an industry to enterprises who want to continue to lead the pack—navigate the constantly evolving business landscape.
This workshop is designed for organizational leaders who are responsible for people designing, developing and delivering products and services for their customers. Regardless of your focus – product strategy, business development, research, marketing, design, development, quality, project management, technical operations or deployment – this workshop builds effectiveness in guiding teams towards delighting customers in a fast-pace, complex and uncertain environment.
Organizational leaders of all levels are encouraged to attend including senior executives, vice presidents, directors, functional managers, and process and program-level leaders.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however students are expected to complete any pre-course reading required.
This will be communicated to attendees before the course.
Courses that open doors
* Prices exclude VAT