Certified LeSS Basics (CLB) course
What is this course?
The Certified LeSS Basics course (CLB) is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams.
LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Basics course provides a 1-day overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help to determine whether LeSS is for you and/or your organisation or not. The Certified LeSS Basics course is also for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort.
- Product Owners and Product Management
- Agile Transformation Leaders, Consultants and Change Agents
- Organizational Leaders and Managers
- Experienced ScrumMasters and Agile Practitioners
- Team, Organizational Agile Coaches and Agile Trainers
- Software Engineers and hands-on technologists
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach on scaling
- Summarize what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all LeSS roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organizing LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over 8 teams
- Analyze one’s own current organisations’ state
- Evaluate the applicability of LeSS in one’s own current work environment
- What organisational impacts LeSS adoption may cause
- What impact would LeSS adoption make to participants’ work life
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Basic Scrum knowledge from training or working in Scrum Teams for a long time is expected (despite the title this is not a beginner’s course). This course is worth 8 SEU’s.
All participants will be receiving a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on the less .works website. The LeSS Basics Certificate will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.
With an Agile mindset, values, principles and practices, Rickard has collaborated with many organisations, teams and individuals in supporting them on their complex journey to become Agile.
He goes where the value need is, having previously been a XP developer, programme manager, change manager, development manager, scrum master, transformation lead and now an agile coach.
Rickard is a Scrum Alliance Scrum Foundations Trainer, Certified LeSS Basic Trainer, Management 3.0 Trainer, Training from the BACK of the Room! Trainer, CTC (Certified Team Coach), ICF ACC (Associate Certified Coach), trained in ORSC (Organisation and Relationship Systems Coaching) and is one of the co-authors of the AgileHR Manifesto.
John loves seeing individuals, teams and organisations become the best they can be. He does this using a mixture of coaching approaches embedded with the agile mindset. John spends most of his time supporting Organisation to descale and self-organise relying heavily on his Systemic Coaching approach along with training the fundamentals of agility through the LeSS framework.
Courses that open doors
* Prices exclude VAT
8 Feb ’19
£400 until 8th Jan then £500*