Virtual Advanced Certified ScrumMaster
Why Advanced Certified Scrum Master Training?
This step in the ScrumMaster journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflective learning as part of online group coaching sessions. The five-part online training modules build on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be an effective ScrumMaster.
We take secure payment via debit/credit card and invoice.
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) is part of the Scrum Alliance’s Agile Coaching Pathway; this step in the journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflection.
This programme is aimed at practicing ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches. Growing skills such as facilitation and coaching, and building knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. This programme’s focus is on growing you as team coaches and change agents.
This programme is delivered as live online training in five modules, each of which is four hours long. Each module will occur every 7 days with the first module occurring on the course start date. The five modules are:
- Growing Yourself and Facilitating Learning
- Serving the Team
- Serving the Product Owner and Organisation
Please see individual course booking pages for the exact date of each module.
Each module is a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to be an effective coach. However, real learning happens through application and reflection, so after each module there will be homework to practice the skills and apply the knowledge. Reflection time will be built into the modules as real learning happens through reflective practice.
Each delegate will receive one complimentary 1 to 1 coaching session; further coaching support may also help enhance the learning experience.
On completion of the programme, you will become an A-CSM™, which will make you eligible to work towards the Certified Scrum Professional®.
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ programme will help you take the next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe a wide range of Agile and Lean concepts and understand their context
- Share understanding and examples of Empirical Process Control
- Explore facilitation models
- Share facilitation skills
- Plan for collaborative meetings
- Be able to demonstrate a coaching stance
- Apply coaching techniques with team, Product Owners and stakeholders
- Apply techniques to foster self-organisation
- Understand team development models
- Apply techniques for improving team performance
- Facilitate the creation of a definition of Done
- Describe a number engineering practices and how they affect a teams ability to deliver a potentially shippable product increment
- Be able to facilitate the creation of a Vision and Product Backlog
- Explain Scrum to the Business
- Identify, analyze and resolve impediments
- Compare and contrast different scaling options
- Create self awareness of yourself as a ScrumMaster
- Improve your ability to deal with conflict
- Understand Servant Leadership
- 18 hours of high quality instruction from our Certified Scrum Trainers
- 1 coaching sessions to reflect on your practice
- Course materials
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master certification on successful completion of the programme
- Agile and Lean Values, Principles, and Worldview
- Empirical Process Control
- Basic Facilitation
- Coaching Fundamentals
- Self Organisation
- Team Dynamics
- Definition of Done
- Value of Engineering Practices
- Going from Vision to Ready
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Resolving Impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Organisational Change
- Developing Yourself
This course is for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with at least a years experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
- You will already be a Certified ScrumMaster®(CSM®)
- At least 1 years experience working as a ScrumMaster
There are no exams for this course and on successful completion of the full programme you will be granted your Scrum Alliance Advanced ScrumMaster certification.
“The theory in the course went way beyond the CSM level and was very thought provoking. As someone out of touch with Scrum for the last few months, I found the course perfect for getting me back into the swing of things”
“Very engaging and interactive course”
“An invaluable course for Scrum Masters to practice skills and develop reflective insights into the strengths and weaknesses of themselves and their organisation”
Delegate from A-CSM training