- 30th Sep 19 - 1st Oct 19
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue
Right in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town and five minutes walk from Waverley Train Station, this is a great location close to everything Edinburgh has to offer. Travelling to the venue couldn’t be easier, you’ll find all the directions you need below.
From Waverley Train Station
- Leave Waverley Station (Market Street Exit) by the steps to Market Street (or by the main pedestrian exit to Waverley Bridge, turning left then left again into Market Street). Continue along Market Street, going under the large decorated bridge.
- After the bridge, bear right into Jeffrey Street, up the hill past Jury’s Hotel to the junction (traffic lights) with the High Street.
- When standing on the High Street (Royal Mile) Cross the road into St Mary’s Street (continuation of Jeffrey Street) and the training centre is down the hill on the left (the opposite side of the road to the Travelodge)
- If you have reached the Travelodge you have gone too far as we are situated between Slanji and the Present Shop, opposite Gordon Nicolson Kiltmakers.
From Edinburgh Airport
Outside the main airport terminal you will find:
- A rank for airport taxis,
- An airport bus stop, which drops you off at Waverley Bridge, right opposite the main entrance to Waverley Train Station,
- A tram stop, which brings you into the centre of town, just a short walk to the Venue.
Arriving by taxi
You can pick up a black taxi by visiting one of the many ranks located in Edinburgh, hail one in the street or order one by phone.
We would advise you to give clear instructions to the taxi driver and specify that the venue is situated on St Mary’s Street. That way, you won’t run the risk of ending up at one of the other conferencing venues in Edinburgh.
Arriving by tram
If you are taking the tram from any stop in Edinburgh or the Airport, please ensure you buy your ticket before boarding the tram, or you will be fined £10. There are two stops near the Venue:
- St Andrew Square: Head down the hill towards Princes Street, where you will see Waverley Train Station and can follow the walking directions from there.
- Princes Street: Walk past the National Gallery, which is across the road, towards Waverley Train Station, from where you can follow the walking directions.
Trainer: Matt Roadnight
Matt is an Agile Coach and Trainer with 25 years of broad technology delivery experience with blue chip organisations in change management, product development, operational support models, IT strategy, cost justification and solution delivery.