Advanced Certified Scrum Master
What is this course?
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) course is part of the Scrum Alliances Path to Certified Scrum Professional®. This step in the ScrumMaster journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflective learning as part of online group coaching sessions.
This programme is aimed at practicing ScrumMasters. Growing skills such as facilitation and coaching, and building knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. This programmes focus is on growing ScrumMasters as team coaches and change agents.
The two day workshop builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be an effective ScrumMaster. However real learning happens through application and reflection, so following the workshop their will be 4 online group coaching sessions, 90 minutes each, so that you can reflect on how you are applying your knowledge and skills. The coaching sessions are an essential part of the learning and you will be expect to attend at lest 3 of them to complete the programme.
On completion of the programme, you will become an A-CSM™, which will make you eligible to work towards the Certified Scrum Professional®.
What will you learn?
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ programme will help you take that next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe a wide range of Agile and Lean concepts and understand their context
- Share understanding and examples of Empirical Process Control
- Explore basic facilitation models
- Share facilitation skills
- Plan for collaborative meetings
- Be able to demonstrate a coaching stance
- Apply coaching techniques with team, Product Owners and stakeholders
- Apply techniques to foster self-organisation
- Understand team development models
- Apply techniques for improving team performance
- Facilitate the creation of a definition of Done
- Describe a number engineering practices and how they affect a teams ability to deliver a potentially shippable product increment
- Be able to facilitate the creation of a Vision and Product Backlog
- Explain Scrum to the Business
- Identify, analyze and resolve impediments
- Compare and contrast different scaling options
- Experiment with a large scale participatory meeting format
- Apply techniques that effect organisational change
- Create self awareness of yourself as a ScrumMaster
- Improve your ability to deal with conflict
- Understand Servant Leadership
What will you receive?
- 2 days of high quality instruction from two of our Certified Scrum Trainers
- 4 group coaching sessions to reflect on your ScrumMaster practice
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master certification on successful completion of the programme
What topics are you covered
Agile and Lean Values, Principles, and Worldview
Empirical Process Control
Definition of Done
Value of Engineering Practices
Going from Vision to Ready
Coaching the Product Owner
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for ScrumMasters with at least a years experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You will already be a Certified ScrumMaster®(CSM®)
- At least 1 years experience working as a ScrumMaster
How should I prepare for this course?
Attendees should re-familiarise themselves with the Scrum Guide
“Having participated in numerous Scrum courses over the years I can honestly say that the content and delivery of your CSPO course was the best I’ve seen. The activities were relevant and very engaging. Your subtlety and mastery lured us into new ways of thinking”
Abid Quesreshi, Organiser London Scrum User Group
“I’m excited to put into practice the things I’ve learned. It has not only taught me a lot, but also ignited a passion for Product Ownership that wasn’t previously there”
Delegate from CSPO training
“Very personable and knowledgeable instructor. Very keen to relate the material to our real-world experiences”
Delegate from CSPO training