Certified Scrum Professional Academy
What is this course?
The Certified Scrum Professional Academy covers the Scrum Alliances Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) and Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters (CSP-SM®). It is for practicing ScrumMasters with 2 years experience that want to go straight to the CSP.
This step in the ScrumMaster journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflective learning as part of group coaching sessions.
This programme is aimed at practicing ScrumMasters. Growing skills such as facilitation and coaching, and building knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. This programmes focus is on growing ScrumMasters as team coaches and change agents.
The workshops build on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be an effective ScrumMaster. However real learning happens through application and reflection, so following the workshop their will be a 3 group coaching sessions, 2 hours each, so that you can reflect on how you are applying your knowledge and skills. The coaching sessions are an essential part of the learning and you will be expected to attend at least 2 of them to complete the programme.
On completion of the programme and validation with your coach that you have met the learning objectives, you will become an A-CSM™ and a CSP-SM®.
What will you learn?
The Certified Scrum Professional® Academy will help you take that next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts of Lean Thinking
- Share understanding and examples of Empirical Process Control
- Design and facilitate a retrospective with senior leaders and executives to foster continuous improvement at the organizational level
- Facilitate the creation of a definition of Done
- Describe a number engineering practices and how they affect a teams ability to deliver a potentially shippable product increment
- Be able to demonstrate a coaching stance
- Coach Team Members, Product Owners and other stakeholders in your business
- Apply different models for team development
- Apply techniques to help Team become more effective
- Apply techniques to foster self-organisation
- Organise and facilitate the launch of a new Agile Team
- Demonstrate at least two training or coaching methods to introduce more advanced engineering practices
- Organize and facilitate a Product Owner and Team from Vision to Ready
- Understand and apply techniques to develop your organisation
- Explain different options for Agile in a multi-team environment and Compare and contrast different scaling options
- Understand yourself better as a ScrumMaster, so that you can plan and execute your own personal growth path
- Explain Scrum to the Business
- Identify, analyze and resolve impediments
- Improve your ability to deal with conflict
- Understand Servant Leadership
What will you receive?
- 4 days of high quality instruction from two of our Certified Scrum Trainers
- 4 hours of coaching sessions to reflect on your ScrumMaster practice
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials
- Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) and Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters on successful completion of the programme
What topics are covered?
Agile and Lean Values, Principles, and Worldview
Empirical Process Control
Starting New Agile Teams
Definition of Done
Value of Engineering Practices
Going from Vision to Ready
Coaching the Product Owner
Coaching the Development Team
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for ScrumMasters with at least two years experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You will already be a Certified ScrumMaster®(CSM®)
- At least 2 years experience working as a ScrumMaster
How should I prepare for this course?
Attendees should re-familiarise themselves with the Scrum Guide
“Having participated in numerous Scrum courses over the years I can honestly say that the content and delivery of your CSPO course was the best I’ve seen. The activities were relevant and very engaging. Your subtlety and mastery lured us into new ways of thinking”
Abid Quesreshi, Organiser London Scrum User Group
“I’m excited to put into practice the things I’ve learned. It has not only taught me a lot, but also ignited a passion for Product Ownership that wasn’t previously there”
Delegate from CSPO training
“Very personable and knowledgeable instructor. Very keen to relate the material to our real-world experiences”
Delegate from CSPO training