Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters
Why Certified Scrum Professional for ScrumMasters®?
This step in the ScrumMaster journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflective learning as part of online group coaching sessions. The two-day workshop builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be a a great ScrumMaster.
We take secure payment via debit/credit card and invoice.
The Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters (CSP-SM®) is for practicing ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with 2 years’ experience and those who have already attained the Scrum Alliance Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) qualification. It is part of the Scrum Alliances Agile Coaching Pathway; this step in the journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflection.
This programme is aimed at practicing ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches, allowing them to grow skills such as facilitation and coaching, and build knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. It focuses on growing you as organisational change agents and will further deepen their coaching and facilitation skills.
The two-day workshop build on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be a professional ScrumMaster. However the real learning happens through application and reflection, so following the workshop there is the applied practice and reflection element. There are two ways to complete the reflection:
- Through 1 to 1 coaching up to 3 sessions usually lasting 45 minutes, over videoconference.
- Through reflective writing you can submit written piece to reflect on your practice.
This is the most important part of the programme that allows for reflection on how you are applying your knowledge and skills, this is why it is a mandatory part of the CSP-SM®.
On completion of the programme and validation with your coach that you have met the learning objectives, you will become a CSP-SM®.
The Certified Scrum Professional® will help you take that next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts of Lean Thinking
- Apply Visual Facilitation techniques
- Describe how to set up a coaching relationship
- Create a coaching agreement with a development team
- Understand supporting psychological concepts for coaching
- Develop and teach concepts to your team
- Practice, practice, practice your coaching skills
- Apply different models for team development
- Apply techniques to address team dysfunctions
- Organise and facilitate the launch of a new Agile team
- Plan the launch of multiple Agile teams
- Demonstrate at least two training or coaching methods to introduce more advanced engineering practices
- Demonstrate techniques for raising team accountability and trust
- Understand and apply techniques to develop your organisation
- Explain different options for Agile in a multi-team environment and compare and contrast different scaling options
- Understand yourself better as a Coach, so that you can plan and execute your own personal growth path
- 2 days of high quality instruction from our Certified Scrum Trainers
- 3 coaching sessions to reflect on your coaching practice
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials
- Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters on successful completion of the programme
- Lean Thinking
- Advanced Facilitation
- Agile Coaching
- Team Dynamics
- Starting New Agile Teams
- Software Craftsmanship
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Organisational Development
- Developing Yourself
This course is for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with at least two years experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
There are no exams for this course and on successful completion of the full programme you will be granted your Scrum Alliance ScrumMaster Professional certification.